Coaching to resume as of Monday 18th May!
12 May 2020
Below is a letter that I have sent to my client about my return to coaching next week! It gives details of how coaching will take place in a safe manner and in accordance with social distancing measures .
I hope this email finds you all fit, well, sane and with the most organised clean kitchen cupboards you’ve ever had! What a few weeks it’s been and where to start!
During my period of isolation I’ve painted the living room, kitchen, bathroom and 2 bedrooms! I’ve been busy digging for victory at our allotment and walking the dogs.
I took part in a live putting lesson on instagram last week as part of the “world’s biggest golf lesson” in a bid to raise funds for the NHS. We managed to raise £10,285 through the donations given. Not quite Captain Tom, but who is quite frankly?! ❤️
I’ve also embarked on a golf specific Mindfulness practitioner course which I am 2 sessions away from completing and can massively see the positive impacts that this could have on some, if not all of you that I coach! I’ve also signed up for the premium version of the CoachNow coaching software. It is a great platform where the videos and voiceover notes from your lessons can be stored for you to access anytime, anywhere. A great feature for easy comparison of where we started and how we are progressing. You can also communicate with me through the app. I’ll put something more about CoachNow on the news section of my website later this week.
As we all waited with baited breath for Sunday nights announcement, I’m sure I’m not the only one who came away with a couple of frown lines and unanswered questions. As far as Witney Lakes stands, the golf course will be open to members as of Wednesday.
Witney Lakes have assured me that even if the driving range wasn’t allowed to reopen for the time being to the general public, I can go back to work, I will be allowed to use my teaching bay on the driving range or the grass area outside and to the left of my teaching bay to deliver my lessons. I will also be allowed to use the putting and chipping greens. Playing lessons are also available but I’ll go into more detail below.
Going forward here is how I plan to conduct lessons and make sure that you are safe whilst you are with me.
* Coaching will available from Monday 18th May.
* Only 1 to 1 lessons until further notice, no groups or shared lessons I’m afraid.
* If you or someone in your household are experiencing Covid symptoms, please do not attend your lesson and there will be no cancellation fee for this.
* The teaching bay door will only be opened by me.
* I will wash my hands between every lesson that I give.
* The teaching bay and grass area will be marked with a 2 metre safety zone that I will not encroach upon during your lesson.
* Payment for your lessons will preferably be in the following order. Bank transfer, card payment (I will antibacterial wipe the machine after every transaction and will stand at a safe distance from you as you make your payment) or cash.
* Playing lessons will have to be arranged over the phone rather than the booking system. Reason for being by phone to arrange is that I will need to book a tee off time.
* Ideally use your own equipment during the lesson. If you don’t have your own equipment, then I can provide you with equipment that I will thoroughly wipe down with antibacterial spray before and after use.
* I have a face covering that I will wear if requested.
* Lesson packages purchased prior to the lockdown will have the validity period extended by 6 months to 18 months instead of 12. This should cover those of that would rather stay in self isolation longer than has been suggested.
In other news, I have altered my coaching timetable for the summer months and my availability will be as follows:
If you have any concerns, questions or suggestions, drop me an email or text and I will do my best to get back to you as promptly as I can.
Hopefully life and golf will resemble something that seems familiar in the not too distant future and shall look forward to seeing you again soon.
Advanced PGA Professional
for lesson bookings http://www.deanagolfpro.co.uk/book/